I have been experimenting with pancake recipes for years. And as a certified health and nutrition coach, my definition of “the best” is not just based on taste. If that were the case, I’d be packing on the pounds from eating at IHOP all the time. No, my definition of the best has got to hit all the marks: delicious, easy, quick, calorie-wise, nutrient-dense, and meal prep-friendly.
When I finally discovered “the one”, I was over the moon! At only 52 calories a pancake, it’s easy to avoid the uncomfortable, bloaty feeling of the notorious food baby that comes afterwards. I LOVE eating and have experienced one too many food babies over the years. But not this time! These pancakes are light but satisfying, and are both gluten-free and sugar-free. A perfect guilt-free, family-friendly breakfast or snack option for any day of the week.
Now, this recipe makes a whopping 30 pancakes. Sure, you can cut the ingredients in half if you didn’t want to make that many, but why wouldn’t you? Pancakes store very well in the freezer, so you can meal prep a whole bunch to save for later. All you need to do is pop them in the toaster Eggo-style, and you’ve got yourself a 3-minute breakfast. Quick and easy is an understatement.
SHAUNA’S SECRET PANCAKE RECIPE
Serves 10 (makes 30 pancakes)
- 2 cups Oat flour (easy to make your own – just blend rolled oats in the blender until ground down into flour)
- 2 cups 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups Egg whites
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp Stevia extract (optional – I like to sweeten mine up a little)
- Place ingredients in a blender, blending until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium, pouring about four pancakes per pan.
- Cook for about 30 seconds or until bubbles appear around the edge, and then flip.
- Repeat until batter is gone (about 30 pancakes).
Allow extra pancakes to cool completely to store in the freezer for later. Pop them in the toaster before consuming and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (based on a serving of 3 pancakes):
156 calories, 13 g protein, 22 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 2 g fat, 96mg sodium, 103mg potassium, 140 mg calcium.
Did you make this recipe? Post it and tag Infinity on Instagram!